Vision: That all children in Anderson County will be safe, families strengthened, victims healed from trauma, and offenders held accountable.
Mission: To combat severe physical and sexual abuse and resulting trauma by coordinating and providing services in a child friendly, safe and nurturing environment.
Anderson County needed a safe haven for sexually and physically abused children and their non-offending family members. It needed a Child Advocacy Center.
The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County Tennessee, Inc, a tax exempt 501 (c) 3 non-profit charitable organization was established to meet this need. Services are provided to:
- Child victims of physical and sexual abuse
- Child witnesses of violent crime
- Non offending family members or caregivers
- The community at large through education and prevention efforts
At the Child Advocacy Center children can tell their stories to one specially-trained professional in an environment where children know they will be safe. How much better than being interviewed countless times at different locations!
The Child Advocacy Center offers a single child-friendly place to:
- interview victims
- diagnose and treat injuries
- provide follow-up mental health services
- provide support services
- educate the non-offending family/caregivers on other protective services
- coordinate child abuse awareness
- coordinate and hold Child Protective Investigative Team case review meetings to help children and bring offenders to justice
The Child Advocacy Center setting also enhances the ability of the agencies and professionals to respond to the allegations of maltreatment as they work together to reduce the trauma the child victims experience.
This is done through:
- A joint investigative approach
- Victims assistance to families
- Assistance to children to cope with trauma and heal
- Education and outreach to children, families, and community members
The CAC is governed by a volunteer board of community members, with priority given to those who have a passion for helping abused children.
The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County Tennessee, Inc. is an accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance.
As a tax-exempt 501 (c) 3 non-profit charitable organization, the Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County Tennessee welcomes donations! Your contribution may be mailed to CACACT, Inc., 752 N. Main Street, Clinton, TN 37716.
REPORT CHILD ABUSE!
To report suspected child abuse in the State of Tennessee call: 1-877-237-0004
If you or a family member needs assistance due to abuse, please contact the Child Advocacy Center.
The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County Tennessee is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.