The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County is now providing free Stewards of Children™ training for adults in Anderson County.
To schedule a training, please contact Margaret Durgin ,865-463-2740, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Stewards of Children™?
Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children™ child sexual abuse prevention program is the only evidence-based child sexual abuse prevention training proven effective in educating adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse!
Who is the program for?
Stewards of Children™ is for anyone! If you want to make a difference in our community and protect children, this program will give you the tools. Organizations, businesses, and corporations also use the program:
- To provide training in the prevention of child sexual abuse to staff and volunteers.
- To enhance their child protection policies and procedures, or comply with insurance requirements.
How is the program delivered?
- Stewards of Children™ is a 2.5 hour training program
- Led by an Authorized Facilitator, trained by Darkness to Light (a national nonprofit headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina whose mission is to empower people to prevent child sexual abuse).
- A three-part DVD presents sexual abuse survivors, experts in the field and other concerned adults – all providing practical guidance for preventing and responding to sexual abuse.
- An interactive workbook is used to guide discussion, reinforce key concepts, and serves as a resource guide and personal action plan.
- Facilitator-led discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within the community and organizations that serve children.
- Training is free. There is a $10 materials fee per person.
What are the outcomes of the program?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Positive change to organizational policies and procedures.
- Individual commitment to action through a personal prevention plan.