The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County is now providing free Stewards of Children training for adults in Anderson County.
To schedule a training, please contact Margaret Durgin, (865) 463-2740, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Stewards of Children?
Darkness to Light – Stewards of Children child sexual abuse prevention program is the only evidence-based child sexual abuse prevention training proven effective in educating adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse!
Who is the program for?
Stewards of Children is for anyone! If you want to make a difference in our community and protect children, this program will give you the tools. Organizations, businesses, and corporations also use the program:
- To provide training in the prevention of child sexual abuse to staff and volunteers.
- To enhance their child protection policies and procedures, or comply with insurance requirements.
How is the program delivered?
- Stewards of Children is a 2.5 hour training program
- Led by an Authorized Facilitator, trained by Darkness to Light (a national nonprofit headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina whose mission is to empower people to prevent child sexual abuse).
- A three-part DVD presents sexual abuse survivors, experts in the field and other concerned adults – all providing practical guidance for preventing and responding to sexual abuse.
- An interactive workbook is used to guide discussion, reinforce key concepts, and serves as a resource guide and personal action plan.
- Facilitator-led discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within the community and organizations that serve children.
- Training is free. There is a $10 materials fee per person.
What are the outcomes of the program?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Positive change to organizational policies and procedures.
- Individual commitment to action through a personal prevention plan.