Why a support group for domestic violence survivors at the Child Advocacy Center in Anderson County?
Research shows that large numbers of children are exposed to domestic violence….and this results in their world feeling unsafe and insecure.
While each situation is different, providing education and support to adult survivors of domestic violence can help them support their chldren by increasing awareness of:
- the impact of the domestic violence on their children
- how the domestic violence has affected their parenting
- signs to watch for in their children
- responding appropriately to their children
- finding specialized help such as getting an Order of Protection, or finding a safe shelter
The Child Advocacy Center uses a twelve session curriculum from MINCAVA. Not a “parenting” curriculum, each session has a focus on domestic violence and corresponding parenting issues. Participants have time to “check in” each week.
If you are a victim of domestic violence there is help available for you and for your children…
The Child Advocacy Center of Anderson County Tennessee is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Please call Margaret at 865-463-2740 to register for the support group that meets at the Child Advocacy Center.